Thursday, April 18, 2013

Book Review: Reasons I Fell For the Funny Fat Friend by Becca Ann


Young Adult Contemporary Romance
Date Published: 1/28/13

It’s stupid to fall for your brother’s ex. It’s even worse to enlist another’s help to win the ex over. But Brody is desperate and Hayley, his partner in American Sign Language, is more than willing to lend him a few tips. 

She’s the school’s matchmaker,’ and with her bizarre and positive personality, Brody finds her easy to talk to, even about the most awkward situations. Hayley’s tips seem to be working, but as Brody learns more about his matchmaker, he starts finding reasons to spend time with her, and not the girl he thought he was in love with. 

But Hayley isn’t ready to fall for anyone. Labeled the “Funny Fat Friend” within her group, her self image makes it impossible for Brody to share his feelings without Hayley shrugging it off as a joke. 

Convincing her Brody can, and did, fall for the “Funny Fat Friend” turns out to be harder than simply falling in love.


My Review:
Okay, so I had seen this one around and kept seeing great reviews, so I had to try it out. I am so glad I did! I love the fact that we get Brody's perspective on why he fell for Hayley. I absolutely love Hayley through Brody's eyes. She is such a sweet and fun girl and really has major hang-ups about herself but viewing her through Brody's eyes, she is beautiful! We the reader see it, but Brody getting Hayley to believe it is something else entirely.  The evolution of the characters is beautiful!  Funny, Sweet, and Refreshing I think this is a perfect light-hearted teen read.

No comments:

Post a Comment